James T. Carroll
Professor of American History
Dr. James Carroll teaches courses in American history. His teaching interests include American Indian, American West, American history (18th-19th centuries) and the history of the Gilded Age and Progressive Era. Dr. Carroll’s research interests include Native American history, education and pedagogy, and transnational studies.
- Native American History
- Education and Pedagogy
- Transnational Studies
- American Indian
- American West
- American History (18th-19th centuries)
- History of the Gilded Age and Progressive Era
Seeds of Faith: Catholic Indian Boarding Schools (Garland, 2000).
"Indigenous Education: Transnational and Parallel Middle Grounds (April 2004).
- Chair, Department of History, Iona College (Present)
- Director of Iona College Honors Program (1997-2004)
- Faculty Member of the Year (2001)