Applying to CAP
You must apply to both the College and CAP in order to be considered for admission into the program.
Deadline to submit an application to CAP is May 1.
Applicants who have been admitted to the College and have submitted all necessary application materials and supporting documentation will be among the first group considered.
After a completed application has been received, the CAP Admissions Committee will review the materials and invite the most qualified candidates for an interview. Students who are invited for an interview are usually notified of the Committee’s decision no later than two weeks after being interviewed.
Due to the limited number of spaces offered in the program, we highly encourage that you submit your CAP application at the same time as your Iona College application.
All applications and supporting documents must be submitted online.
- Completed CAP Application
- Recent psychoeducational or neuropsychological report. It must include the following:
- Cognitive Testing: The Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale, Fourth Edition (WAIS-IV) is the most acceptable form of testing.
- Achievement Testing: A full scale IQ Report with scores and interpretation. The Woodcock-Johnson Tests of Achievement (WJ-IV) or the Wechsler Individual Achievement Test (WIAT).
- All testing MUST include the testing procedures followed, the instruments used to assess the disability, the test results and written interpretation of the test results
- Two comprehensive letters of recommendation from a high school counselor or resource room teacher/classroom teacher
- Documentation of an IEP or 504 (if applicable)
- AD/HD Verification Form (if applicable)
- Official high school attendance report
- SAT or ACT scores (optional)
- High school transcripts (up to 11th grade)
Students who are currently enrolled at Iona who would like to apply to CAP must submit all documents except high school transcript and letters of recommendation.
If you need a hard copy of our application materials (to review before submitting online), please inquire by email: CAPInformation@iona.edu.