Life in New Rochelle
Iona College offers the best of both worlds – a beautiful suburban campus setting in New Rochelle, only 20 miles away from New York City.
New Rochelle is a city rich with culture and history! With a population of more than 80,000, a history dating back to 1685, and a developing downtown, New Rochelle is a wonderful place to live and work. There are also many great opportunities to explore and access greater Westchester County and New York City.
New York City, just a quick train ride away, is the hub of international finance, arts, sports and communication. You will have access to endless recreational and cultural offerings, right at your doorstep!
If you are looking to grab a bite to eat off-campus, New Rochelle offers a host of options! In fact, more than 20 local restaurants participate in Iona's meal plan – meaning you will have a variety of choices when it comes to cuisine!
Need overnight accommodations for parent or campus visits? There are many options to choose from in and around New Rochelle. Several local hotels offer discounts to Iona guests:
Looking for local entertainment, dining or shopping opportunities? New Rochelle and its surrounding communities offer a host of options!
New Rochelle & Westchester County
- New Roc City – A 1.2 million square-foot retail and entertainment center in downtown New Rochelle, offering fun and excitement for the entire family. New Roc City is the home of the Tower Space Shot Ride, an IMAX theater, and Westchester's largest Megaplex with 18 movie theaters. And, if that's not enough, The Fun House offers bowling, laser tag, miniature golf, an arcade and more! For those who want to dine, adjoining New Roc City are Applebee's Neighborhood Grill and Bar and Buffalo Wild Wings.
- The Rock Club – indoor rock climbing
- iFLY Westchester – indoor skydiving
New York City
- Gael Express
- Zipcar - Iona has partnered with Zipcar to bring self-service, on-demand car sharing to the area!
- Rideshare - 511NY Rideshare offers Iona students a free ride-matching service.