Iona Innovation Challenge
Welcome to the Iona Innovation Challenge!
The Hynes Institute for Entrepreneurship and Innovation is excited to present the 3rd annual Iona Innovation Challenge (IIC). This student competition gives Iona students the ability to present a solution that addresses a real-world problem.
Over the course of the semester, students will not only be able to work on their ideas by completing a series of milestones (video pitch, executive summary, pitch slide deck), but will also gain valuable feedback by working with mentors from a variety of fields. Students will have an opportunity to promote their ideas, build meaningful networks and garner interest to secure the resources necessary to implement their ideas.
At Iona College, we want to go beyond the entrepreneur itself, we want to make sure that students from all disciplines have a platform to collaboratively explore creative ways to solve the big challenges of today.
- Take action: IIC gives you an opportunity to work on and develop an idea and take actions towards implementing it.
- Learn new skills: IIC provides you with a robust support network to help develop your ideas and provide feedback through online and face-to-face activities (e.g., workshops, networking events, coworking).
- Collaborate: IIC is an inclusive competition that gives you an opportunity to connect and collaborate with Iona students from a variety of majors and disciplines.
- Mentorship: IIC gives you access to a network of mentors comprised of Iona alumni, entrepreneurs and professionals from a variety of fields.
- Present to Judges: Finalists will be able to present their ideas to a panel of judges.
- Win BIG! IIC awards a total of $6,000 in prize money to the winning ideas.
- Have Fun! Take your ideas to the next level. Enjoy the process, meet new people, learn new skills, win big, and have fun moving the world!
How to Participate?
- Attend IIC Kickoff Event on 2/07 @ Noon-1 P.M. with keynote speaker Danielle Butin, Afya Foundation
- Visit www.iona.startuptree.co and click ‘Get Started’ to sign up with your Iona email
- Create a profile (be sure to fill out as much as you can)
- Create a project page (you can update it at any time)
- Submit your three milestones:
- 1-minute Video Pitch by 2/23 | 11:59 P.M.
- Executive Summary by 3/11 | 11:59 P.M.
- Pitch Slide Deck by 4/5 | 11:59 P.M.
- Finalists will be notified by 4/14
- *Finalists present at the Final Pitch Event on 4/30, 6:30-8:30 P.M.
*To be confirmed