Application & Planning
Requirements for Admission to Major
- Attend a departmental Majors Meeting in sophomore Fall. Reach out to email@example.com for more information.
- Minimum of 30 college credits with a minimum CUM GPA of 3.0.
- Minimum of 'C' or higher in English Composition and a University Math course.
- Demonstration of acceptable writing skills as demonstrated in an educational autobiography (typically completed in EDU 202).
Planning for Prospective Education Majors
- Take Core Curriculum courses during the first 3 semesters, EDU 201 in freshman year Spring semester, and EDU 202 during sophomore year Fall semester.
- All Education majors (including Childhood Education) will need at least 30 credits of coursework from one of the following content areas: Biology, English, Mathematics, Social Studies, or Spanish. Active and prospective majors should consult these departments for the best way to sequence these courses.
- Set up a TEACH account with the New York State Department of Education (NYSED) here, saving username and password. As the candidate’s TEACH account will be used to host all required documents to apply for initial teacher certification upon completion of the program, it is important that their account is continually maintained and updated.
Application to and Continuation in the Major
Registration for the departmental Majors Meeting in sophomore Fall initiates the process of admission to the department. Transfer students and late entrants should reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate the admissions process.
Acceptable grades and demonstration of dispositions appropriate to the profession are required for continuation in the major.