Meryl Nadel, DSW, LCSW, ACSW
Dr. Meryl Nadel teaches a number of required courses across the social work curriculum. She also developed service-learning courses related to sustainability, HIV and youth services. Her research interests include social welfare history, environmental sustainability and social work, innovative teaching approaches, and social work and summer camp.
In addition to articles and conference presentations, she co-edited a book, Social Work and Service Learning: Partnerships for Social Justice. She is currently co-authoring Not Just Play: Summer Camp and the Profession of Social Work. In 2011, Dr. Nadel was recognized by Iona College with the Hugh J. McCabe Memorial Award for Social Justice and has received several grants in support of her research and course development activities.
- Guest lectures, Study Abroad, Oswiecim, Poland, 2015, 2014.
- Iona College Heritage Week presentations, 2017, 2015.
- Roundtable Discussion, Association of Baccalaureate Social Work Program Directors, 2015.
- Presentations, Annual Symposium, International Association for Social Work with Groups, 2015, 2014.
- Co-author, "Children in Substance-Abusing Families" in Children in the Urban Environment: Linking Social Policy and Clinical Practice, 3rd Edition (2017).
- Co-presented at the 30th Annual Conference of the Association of Baccalaureate Social Work Program Directors in 2013 in Myrtle Beach, S.C. The presentation was a Board Sponsored Session and was entitled "Learning in and Beyond the Classroom: Social, Environmental, and Economic Sustainability."
- Session convener of presentation related to professional ethics at the 30th Annual Conference of the Association of Baccalaureate Social Work Program Directors in 2013 in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
- Mentor senior social work majors annually in preparation for Ronald Federico Senior Capstone Conference.