Mentoring and Career Exploration
In this one credit Pass/Fail course, students are matched with a dedicated alumni mentor whose professional experience will assist them in advancing their career development. Through this course students will:
- Attend workshops and complete a series of exercises to enhance their communication skills, support personal goal-setting, examine career interests, and engage with successful alumni to prepare for their careers after graduation.
- Meet with their alumni mentor a minimum of three times throughout the semester.
- Gain individualized assistance and feedback on practice resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn best practices, job interview tips, and other career-preparation exercises.
How to Register for this course
- Registration for this course opens during the course registration period for the upcoming semester. To register, please log into PeopleSoft and conduct a class search for Cross Disciplinary Studies 1200. The Subject is listed as “Cross Disciplin Stud.” In the “Course Number” field type 1200. Upon clicking “Search” the sections of CDS 1200 should populate for the upcoming semester. For questions or concerns about registering for this course please email David Nielsen, Assistant Director for Gaels Go Further, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about how credit loads impact potential financial aid packages please contact Student Financial Services directly at email@example.com
We’re here to help!
If you have questions about the Gaels Connect platform or other aspects of the mentoring experience at Iona, please reach out to us using the appropriate form below.