Iona University Pep Band
Founded in 2015, the Iona University Pep Band is an instrumental ensemble open to all Iona students who can play an instrument and read music. The Pep Band consists of twenty members with various music backgrounds. They play at all men’s and women’s basketball home games, as well as other events on campus including Homecoming and Maroon Madness. At the end of the basketball season in March, the Pep Band members travel with the basketball teams to the MAAC Tournament.
Past Pep Band Performances
- Madison Square Garden
- Barclays Center
- MAAC Conference Championships: Albany, New York
- NCAA March Madness Tournament: Denver, Colorado
- NCAA March Madness Tournament: Pittsburg, Pennsylvania
- NCAA March Madness Tournament: Columbus, Ohio
- NCAA March Madness Tournament: Sacramento, California
- Home Men’s and Women’s Basketball Games
- Sunday: 7-9 p.m.
- Monday: 8:30-10:30 p.m.
- Location: Hynes Athletics Center, Hegarty Room
Pep Band Requirements
- Must play an instrument
- Know how to read music
- Attend weekly practices
For more information, please contact Kelly Beyrer, director of Performing Arts at email@example.com.