Skip navigation

IONA College Logo | Go to Home Page

Undergraduate International Admissions Requirement


In order to apply to Iona College as an international student, you must be sure that you are eligible for this distinction.

If you hold a U.S. passport (including dual citizenship), are a Permanent Resident of the U.S. or have applied for a Green Card to live in the U.S., please do not attempt to apply for acceptance as an international student. Please follow the domestic admissions requirements.

Application Process

We have two intakes or entrance times for our students: Fall and Spring.  We are prepared to review and give acceptance to students for any of those intakes at any point in the year.

We review applications daily. If you submit a completed application to Iona College and you are accepted, you will receive an I-20 within two weeks of applying.

Application Requirements

In order to apply to Iona College as an international student you must submit the following application materials (copies of transcripts can be used for application review but I-20s will not be issued until original documents have been received):

In order to apply for undergraduate admittance to Iona College, an international student should submit the following materials:

  • A completed application (online)
  • High school transcript, translated into English
  • Evaluation of International credentials
  • SAT or ACT scores
  • Proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL or IELTS (TOEFL IBT 80, 550 PBT, 213 CBT, IELTS 6.5). These scores can be submitted in place of SAT or ACT
  • External examination results or leaving certificate appropriate to your country, such as "A-levels," CXC's, Baccalaureate or Abitur
  • Application for I-20
  • Evaluation of international college transcript performed by one of the evaluation services recognized by NACES applicable only to international transfer students

International applicants should apply before December 1 for the Fall semester and October 15 for the Spring semester.


If you have any questions, please contact an admissions counselor.