Take a moment to browse our website and learn about the characteristics that set us apart: the small class sizes, highly accredited programs, numerous cultural, athletic and service opportunities, a tight-knit community and outstanding resources that nurture student success at Iona. The Iona community truly moves the world.
Established in 1940 as a Catholic college in the tradition of the Christian Brothers and American Catholic higher education.
Located in New Rochelle (Westchester County), New York. Two miles from Long Island Sound and 20 miles north of Midtown Manhattan. We also offer graduate courses in Manhattan.
- 3,590 total students
- 2,959 undergraduate students
- 631 graduate students
Characteristics of the Student Body
- 742 first-time, full-time freshmen
- 49% female students, 51% male students
- 44% underrepresented minority population
- Most recent six-year graduation rate of 60% (fall 2014 cohort)
- Nearly 40 undergraduate degree programs of study and over 40 minors
- Over 30 graduate programs through the School of Arts & Science and the LaPenta School of Business
- Over 45,000 alumni across the globe
- More than 80 different clubs, organizations, and student groups on campus
- 986 undergraduate students living on campus
- 54% of first-year class living on campus
- Students from 40 countries enrolled
Athletics: NCAA Division I program with 21 varsity teams
- Men: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Rowing, Soccer, Swimming & Diving, Track & Field, Water Polo
- Women: Basketball, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Rowing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming & Diving, Track & Field, Volleyball, Water Polo
15 to 1
The above data reflects the 2020-21 academic year.