NewYork-Presbyterian Iona School of Health Sciences
A Cutting-Edge Education in the Health Sciences
Iona University is building a premier school of health sciences in collaboration with NewYork-Presbyterian to develop the next generation of world-class health professionals. Principally located on the University’s campus in Bronxville, N.Y., the NewYork-Presbyterian Iona School of Health Sciences offers a new vision for collaborative health care education, modern workforce development, and community care.
NewYork-Presbyterian has supported the creation of the NewYork-Presbyterian Iona School of Health Sciences with a gift of $20 million. NewYork-Presbyterian is ranked the #1 hospital in New York, according to U.S. News and World Report’s Best Hospitals rankings. NewYork-Presbyterian is consistently recognized as a leader in medical education, groundbreaking research, and innovative, patient-centered clinical care in collaboration with two renowned medical schools, Weill Cornell Medicine and Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons.
NewYork-Presbyterian and Iona University
Iona’s new Bronxville campus will double the University’s footprint and will primarily host the NewYork-Presbyterian Iona School of Health Science graduate programs. Classes are anticipated to commence in January 2023 for the Spring 2023 semester.
The artist renderings below are drafts and subject to change. They are intended to demonstrate how the school will look and function once completed.
- Curriculum will be developed with input from NewYork-Presbyterian, a leader in medical education, groundbreaking research, and innovative, patient-centered clinical care.
- Highly respected NewYork-Presbyterian administrators will work alongside students as adjunct professors and/or guest lecturers in classes, providing opportunities to learn from top professionals in the field.
- Students will be offered unparalleled access to clinical placements and full-time career opportunities with New York’s #1 hospital.
- Direct-entry admission* is available for the Nursing (BS), Occupational Therapy (MS) and Communication Sciences & Disorders (MA) programs.
- Offering degrees in:
- Nursing (BS)
- Social Work (BS)
- Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology (BA)
- Occupational Therapy (MS)
- Communication Sciences & Disorders (MA)
- Marriage & Family Therapy (MS)
- Mental Health Counseling (MA)
*Pending fulfillment of program specific requirements.
Departments, Offices and Clinics