NewYork-Presbyterian Iona School of Health Sciences
A Cutting-Edge Education in the Health Sciences
Principally located on Iona University’s campus in Bronxville, N.Y., the NewYork-Presbyterian Iona School of Health Sciences offers a new vision for collaborative health care education with interprofessional experiences, the use of modern, state-of-the-art facilities in simulation technology, a disciplinary curriculum aligned with today’s workforce needs and an emphasis on community care. Home to the Kelly Center for Health Sciences, this partnership with NewYork-Presbyterian solidifies Iona’s commitment to developing the next generation of healthcare professionals.
NewYork-Presbyterian has supported the creation of the NewYork-Presbyterian Iona School of Health Sciences with a gift of $20 million. It is ranked one of the best hospitals in the nation, according to U.S. News and World Report’s Best Hospitals rankings. NewYork-Presbyterian is consistently recognized as a leader in medical education, groundbreaking research, and innovative, patient-centered clinical care in collaboration with two renowned medical schools, Weill Cornell Medicine and Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons.
The NewYork-Presbyterian Iona School of Health Sciences will be a national leader in educating equity-minded healthcare professionals through innovation, community and civic engagement, interprofessional collaboration and through values-based pedagogies that prioritize healthcare access and the well-being of patients, clients and providers.
The NewYork-Presbyterian Iona School of Health Sciences will provide holistic, high-quality, accessible educational experiences that support students as they prepare for roles as ethical, empathetic, and highly competent healthcare professionals. Students will recognize the importance of inclusion, equity and diversity, interprofessional collaboration, evidence-based practice and working with a multicultural mindset to serve the common good of their communities.
Iona’s new Bronxville campus doubles the University’s footprint. Opened as of the Spring 2023 semester, this new campus primarily hosts the NewYork-Presbyterian Iona School of Health Sciences programs.
About the School
- Our nursing curriculum is developed with feedback from NewYork-Presbyterian, a leader in medical education, groundbreaking research, and innovative, patient-centered clinical care.
- Highly respected health professionals from NewYork-Presbyterian work alongside students as adjunct professors and/or guest lecturers in classes, providing opportunities to learn from top professionals in the field.
- Students have full access to clinical placements and career opportunities with NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the best hospitals in the nation.
- Direct-entry admission* is available for the Nursing (BS) and Communication Sciences & Disorders (MA) programs.
- Offering degrees in:
- Health and Wellness (BS)
- Nursing (BS)
- Social Work (BS)
- Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology (BA)
- Communication Sciences & Disorders (MA)
- Nursing Education (MS)
- Nursing Health Care Organizational Leadership (MS)
- Marriage & Family Therapy (MS)
- Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Occupational Therapy (MS)
*Pending fulfillment of program specific requirements.
Departments, Offices and Clinics
Iona University Dedicates Kelly Center for Health Sciences in Bronxville
Located on Iona’s new campus in Bronxville, N.Y., the Kelly Center for Health Sciences will serve as the flagship building of the NewYork-Presbyterian Iona School of Health Sciences.
Find Out what an Iona Education can do for You
Our scenic campuses, located just 20 miles from midtown Manhattan, truly do offer the "best of both worlds." Let us show you around, answer your questions and give you a feel of our tight-knit community.
If you're considering applying to Iona, you're not alone! Since 2019, our new-student enrollment is up nearly 30%. Additionally, 99% of our first-year students receive institutional scholarships or grant aid.
Request More Information
Learn more about Iona University today!