Skip navigation

IONA College Logo | Go to Home Page

Frequently Asked Questions from Transfers

You're looking to transfer to a place where you fit in: a home with a supportive environment, challenging academics, and reputable faculty. Our admissions team is here to make this process smooth and worry-free.

  • What do I need to have academically to transfer?

    Iona College typically looks for a cumulative GPA of 2.5 from all colleges and universities attended.

  • What are the deadlines?

    Transfer applications are processed on a rolling basis, so there are no formal deadlines. It is strongly recommended that students submit all necessary documents as soon as possible in order to receive a timely admissions decision, unofficial credit evaluation and financial aid package – the sooner the better!
  • When will I find out my admission status?

    As soon as your file is complete, we can provide you a decision within 24 hours. Feel free to check your status with Daniel (DJ) Arndt, transfer coordinator, at
  • How many of my previously earned credits will transfer to Iona?

    If a course equivalent exists at Iona, courses with grades of ‘C’ or better are generally transferrable.

    64 maximum credits are accepted from all two-year accredited institutions.

    90 maximum credits are accepted from all combined two- and four-year accredited institutions.
  • Will my associate degree help?

    All transferring students with an earned Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree from an accredited institution who have also earned a cumulative GPA of 2.5 will have satisfied the Liberal Arts Core required courses. Specific major requirements are accepted and all students must fulfill the Philosophy and Religious Studies components of the Core.
  • Is there housing for transfers?

    Yes. Iona College guarantees housing spaces each semester for prospective transfer students. Housing will be assigned to new students based on availability. See more information on Iona's Residential Life program.

    Additionally, many Iona upperclassmen live in off-campus housing within the New Rochelle community.

  • Does Iona offer any scholarships for transfer students?

    There are exclusive merit-based scholarships for transfer students. Upon completing your application, you will automatically be considered for these scholarships based on your cumulative GPA. You can receive up to $18,000 per year.
    Note: Iona still encourages all transfer students to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) so they can receive the most robust and complete financial package as possible.
  • What steps should I follow if I am an international transfer?

    I-20 and Visa Information - International students must complete Iona College's Application for Form I-20. This will supply us with the information we need to determine if we can issue the Form I-20 in the U.S.C.I.S. SEVIS information system. The Application for Form I-20 provides us with biographical information about you and with information about how you will finance your education.

    Once you receive an I-20 from Iona, you must pay the SEVIS fee of $200 and schedule an appointment to meet with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate to apply for a visa.

    International transfers can qualify for academic and athletic scholarships, but are not eligible for additional federal or state aid.
  • With which community colleges does Iona College share articulation agreements?

    Iona College enjoys articulation agreements with a number of regional colleges. See a listing of the agreements Iona has with several institutions.

  • Where do I send transcripts and other documents?

    You can mail official documents to:

    Iona College
    Transfer Admissions
    715 North Avenue
    New Rochelle, NY 10801

    You can email unofficial documents to:

    Daniel (DJ) Arndt
    Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions & Transfer Coordinator

  • Who do I contact with any other transfer admissions questions?

    Daniel (DJ) Arndt
    Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions & Transfer Coordinator or (914) 633-2520.