People Are Taking Notice of Iona University – Here’s Why
Iona is rising to the top of the list for prospective students and families. Come see why at a Fall Open House!
New Rochelle and Bronxville, N.Y. – Iona University is a school on the rise – and more people than ever are taking notice.
Not only did Iona just get named to The Princeton Review’s highly influential list of “The Best 389 Colleges” nationwide, but new student enrollment is up nearly 30 percent over the past five years.
The news builds upon several other notable rankings, all reflecting the momentum as the University continues to add new academic programs and degrees, expand its extracurricular offerings and develop its two campuses in New Rochelle and Bronxville, N.Y., both just 20 miles from midtown Manhattan.
Other recent rankings include:
- Georgetown University’s Center on Education and the Workforce ranked Iona in the top 4 percent in the nation for long-term return on investment.
- U.S. News & World Report’s Best Colleges ranked Iona as one of the Best Regional Universities (North) and Best Value Schools.
- PayScale’s “College Salary “Report” ranked Iona in the top 14 percent nationwide for a bachelor’s degree based on alumni earnings.
- Money’s 2023 Best Colleges in America included Iona among the best colleges that combine quality with affordability.
- Colleges of Distinction highlighted Iona as one of the best for Business, Education, Career Development, Equity & Inclusion and Catholic Institutions based on great teaching, vibrant communities, successful outcomes and engaged students.
- College Factual ranked Iona as one of the best colleges nationwide, awarding it 52 badges including Best Health Science School and Best Colleges in New York.
- The Wall Street Journal and Times Higher Education included Iona in its list of top colleges based on 15 key indicators that assess colleges in four areas: Outcomes, Resources, Engagement and Environment.
- The Princeton Review’s 2023 Best Business Schools named Iona’s LaPenta School of Business to its list for the best on-campus MBA program.
FALL OPEN HOUSE DATES
Iona is also pleased to announce it is hosting several Fall Open House dates, and we want you to join us! Meet faculty, take a tour, and ask the questions that are most important to you. The entire campus will be open for you to explore.
Learn more at iona.edu or RSVP today via the links below:
A TRANSFORMATIVE EXPERIENCE
Looking back at their time at Iona, recent Iona graduates said their experience was nothing short of life changing.
After graduating in May 2023 with a degree in Media & Strategic Communications, Joseph Ferrer ’23 is now pursuing his master’s in Marketing at Iona. Following in his footsteps, Ferrer’s younger brother, Jonathan, is about to start his freshman year at Iona.
“Iona, for me, has been such a transformative experience,” Ferrer said. “I am not the same person I was when I came in four years ago. And everything that I’m taking with me – from my academics to my friendships – I will cherish for the rest of my life.”
Leah Figueroa ’23, a marketing and entrepreneurship double major who also graduated in May, said her time at Iona went by way too fast. But, she said, she met so many amazing people and the road ahead will always keep her connected to the University.
“I’ll always be a Gael,” Figueroa said. “Iona is a small community, which is something I really value, because you know a lot more people. People really care about you, the professors know your name and it really gives opportunities for students to put their best foot forward and gain experiences that somebody in a big school wouldn’t have. For instance, last summer I went to Portugal with the Hynes Institute, and I feel like without it being a small community, I wouldn’t have had that opportunity.”
Founded in 1940, Iona University is a master's-granting private, Catholic, coeducational institution of learning in the tradition of the Edmund Rice Christian Brothers. Iona's 45-acre New Rochelle campus and 28-acre Bronxville campus are just 20 miles north of Midtown Manhattan. With a total enrollment of nearly 4,000 students and an alumni base of over 50,000 around the world, Iona is a diverse community of learners and scholars dedicated to academic excellence and the values of justice, peace and service. Iona is highly accredited, offering undergraduate degrees in liberal arts, science, and business administration, as well as Master of Arts, Master of Science and Master of Business Administration degrees and numerous advanced certificate programs. Iona’s LaPenta School of Business is accredited by AACSB International, a prestigious recognition awarded to just five percent of business schools worldwide. The Princeton Review recognized Iona’s on-campus MBA program as a “Best Business School for 2023.” Iona University also recently launched a new, fully online MBA program for even greater flexibility. In July 2021, Iona University and NewYork-Presbyterian announced the establishment of the NewYork-Presbyterian Iona School of Health Sciences, to be principally located on the University’s new campus in Bronxville, N.Y. Supported by a $20 million gift from NewYork-Presbyterian, the NewYork-Presbyterian Iona School of Health Sciences offers a new vision for collaborative health care education, modern workforce development, and community care. On July 1, 2022, Iona officially changed its status from College to University, reflecting the growth of its academic programs and the prestige of an Iona education.